TACTICAL APPLICATION PISTOL: LEVEL ONE
Check out our BI20 Discount here!
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will be adapting our class format to allow greater personal space between individuals. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
The handgun alone among weapons possesses such tactically decisive potential in a package so portable, accessible, and covert.
“TAP-One” is a beginner level pistol class that grounds handgun shooters in fundamental concepts of safe, competent gun-handling, marksmanship, and range etiquette. It also introduces basic mindset and tactics: training the mind to predict and avoid or address violent encounters competently and responsibly.
Tactical Application Pistol: Level One is a prerequisite to Tactical Application Pistol: Level Two.
$200 Now $150 with the “Bring It 2020” Discount!
Location: SnowShoe Gun Club 40450 Shotgun Dr. Kenai, AK
All classes held at SnowShoe Gun Club are exclusively for SGC members. For more information about the Kenai Peninsula’s premier shooting venue and membership, visit: Snowshoegunclub.com
What to bring:
- Functional semi-automatic pistol, preferably full-size or compact pistol, with at least three magazines.
*Revolvers and subcompact pistols are permitted, but not recommended for this course. Revolvers will come with at least 3 speed loaders or speed strips, in pouches of some kind.
*MINIMUM CALIBER: 380 AUTO
*NO rimfire. (22 long rifle, 22 magnum, etc.)
- Kydex (rigid synthetic) or leather holster with full trigger guard coverage, made for your firearm.
*NO: Shoulder, cross-draw, small of the back, or ankle holsters.
- Magazine pouch.
*For more information on holsters and magazine pouches, see our video, “Holsters and Mag Pouches”
- Eye protection
- Ear protection (electronic preferred; mandatory if you are hard of hearing)
- Brimmed hat or baseball cap (to keep brass from getting behind eye protection)
- Sunscreen/bug dope/layered clothing appropriate for Alaskan weather
- Long pants with pockets
- Closed toe shoes/boots
- Folding camp chair (recommended)
- Plenty of water, snacks, etc.
- Hand wipes/sanitizer
- Packed lunch
- Estimated Ammo Count: 350 rounds, FMJ or frangible recommended
*Reloaded ammo may be fired at the operator’s own risk.
*Conventional lead core or frangible bullets only.
*ABSOLUTELY NO: armor piercing, incendiary, tracers, green tip, etc. These rounds can damage or ricochet off our AR500 targets, potentially causing injury.
- In order to take this class, you must be a citizen of the United States, not legally prohibited from possessing a firearm or ammunition, and at least 16 years of age. Minors under 18 years of age must present a signed consent from a parent or legal guardian.